- 1. Inspect the foundation for cracks and spalls, and voids (around pipe protrusions, etc.). Look for efflorescence and deterioration on both the exterior and the interior for evidence of leaks.
- 2. Be sure your concrete is completely cured (28 days is the industry standard).
- 3. Make any necessary repairs and allow to cure (when using concrete, mortar, caulking, etc).
- 4. Remove silicone, coal tar, and loose/flakey paints or coatings if any.
- 5. Prep the surface using a pressure washer, or by mechanical abrasion. (be cautious when introducing water, as the surface must be completely dry for application and cure). Ensure the surface is clean and dry and free of oils or other contaminants.
- 6. Tape off or otherwise mask area’s you wish to protect from the coating.
- 7. Bridge joints, cracks, around protrusions (vents, skylights, etc) using Liquid Rubber Seam Tape (Apply a coat of your selected waterproofing over the Seam Tape, going at least 2 inches beyond the edges and allow to dry), or our Geo-Textile applied via the 3-course method. If expansion joints are present, discuss application with your Liquid Rubber rep.
- 8. Once detail coats are dry, begin your field application. Apply your selected waterproofing to the entire surface. Allow adequate drying time and inspect for pinholes, blisters, etc, and repair as necessary before applying your next coat. Talk to your Liquid Rubber technical rep to determine which product suits your application.
- 9. Appropriate products for foundations include: (Below Grade only) Spray grade – CreteSafe InstaSet B-200. Brush grade – CreteSafe S-200. (Above Grade) Spray Grade – SealSafe InstaSet – B-200. Brush Grade – SealSafe S-200. SealSafe A-205 and SealSafe PU-100 can be brushed/rolled or sprayed (with the appropriate sprayer).
Liquid Rubber Geo-Textile is a polyester, reinforcing fabric used to bridge joints, seams, vents, protrusions and more.
Liquid Rubber CreteSafe S-100 is a single component, easy to apply, waterproofing product that is applied as a liquid and cures to form a seamless, fully adhered, elastomeric membrane.
CreteSafe InstaSet B-100 is spray applied, creating an instant-set property that allows applicators to easily build membrane thickness in just one pass.
Providing a safe to use, thick, controllable waterproof membrane that can be applied in one application as time is of the essence in construction. Also wanting an improvement over conventional solvent based damp proofing.
Waterproofing 5000 sq. ft. of ICF foundation using our CreteSafe InstaSet B-100 instant set applied by the HVLP2000 spray unit.
Contaminated soil with chlorides and sodium presented a challenge for the longevity of the custom concrete surfaces. Potential hairline cracks in the concrete required a flexible waterproof coating. Liquid Rubber CreteSafe S-100. Liquid Rubber CreteSafe InstaSet B-100 was applied at 2 mm DFT using the HVLP 2000 Spray System, to waterproof the concrete prior to tile installation.