Concrete infrastructure is susceptible to water and chemical attack. Protecting these elements with Liquid Rubbers advanced waterproofing solutions will extend their lifecycle and can save millions of dollars a year in repairs and replacements.
- 1. Inspect for cracks, spalls, and voids. Look for efflorescence and deterioration on both the exterior and the interior for evidence of leaks.
- 2. Be sure your concrete is completely cured (28 days is the industry standard).
- 3. Make any necessary repairs and allow to cure (when using concrete, mortar, caulking, etc).
- 4. Remove silicone, coal tar, and loose/flakey paints or coatings if any.
- 5. Prep the surface using a pressure washer, or by mechanical abrasion. (be cautious when introducing water, as the surface must be completely dry for application and cure). Ensure the surface is clean and dry and free of oils or other contaminants.
- 6. Tape off or otherwise mask area’s you wish to protect from the coating.
- 7. Bridge joints, cracks, around protrusions (vents, skylights, etc) using Liquid Rubber Seam Tape (Apply a coat of your selected waterproofing over the Seam Tape, going at least 2 inches beyond the edges and allow to dry), or our Geo-Textile applied via the 3-course method. If expansion joints are present, discuss application with your Liquid Rubber rep.
- 8. Once detail coats are dry, begin your field application. Apply your selected waterproofing to the entire surface. Allow adequate drying time and inspect for pinholes, blisters, etc, and repair as necessary before applying your next coat. Talk to your Liquid Rubber technical rep to determine which product suits your application.
- 9. Appropriate products include: (Below Grade only) Spray grade: CreteSafe InstaSet B-100. Brush grade: CreteSafe S-100. (Above Grade) Spray Grade: SealSafe InstaSet – B-200. Brush Grade: SealSafe S-200. SealSafe A-205 and SealSafe PU-100 can be brushed/rolled or sprayed (with the appropriate sprayer).
Liquid Rubber Geo-Textile is a polyester, reinforcing fabric used to bridge joints, seams, vents, protrusions and more.
Liquid Rubber CreteSafe S-100 is a single component, easy to apply, waterproofing product that is applied as a liquid and cures to form a seamless, fully adhered, elastomeric membrane.
CreteSafe InstaSet B-100 is spray applied, creating an instant-set property that allows applicators to easily build membrane thickness in just one pass.
To apply a chemical resistant coating to precast concrete pieces that were subjected to sulphuric acid and hydrogen sulphide gas.
The old bitumen waterproofing had come to the end of it’s life and was beginning to fail. A new long-term solution was needed. The owners had settled on Liquid Rubber SealSafe S-200 due to it’s lower cost and ease of installation.
Above ground pipelines are often exposed to severe weather conditions leading to accelerated corrosion and premature loss of service life. Located in a remote area and region of Venezuela, this 12km pipeline needed a protective corrosion membrane applied in an efficient manner.